Total Pageviews

Saturday 9 February 2013

40 Days, 40 Nights was easy? Still got 325 days. . .

Today is the 40th day of my no sexual interaction (celibacy) for one of my new year revolution challenges.

Funny enough one of my most favourite films is '40 days and 40 nights'. A romantic comedy about a guy called 'Matt' played by 'Josh Hartnett' who is broken after his long relationship with a women and finds no trouble getting women into bed but can't find that emotional connection most seek for. Due to the lack of an emotional connection when he comes close to climaxing a dark whole appears above him and he panics. Needless to say no climax.

I don't know about everyone else but no climax for most guys pretty much means the end of the world.
As the film progress he finds out that his ex 'Susie' played by 'Emmanuelle Vaugier' is engaged and getting married. Matt decides to seek advise from his brother about he's emotional state who is a priest in training. Matt then decides to make a vow of celibacy for the '40 Days of Lent'.

During the rest of the film Matt meets the girl of his dreams (one day ^_^ if I haven't already), 'Erica' played by 'Shannyn Sossamon' and is unable to do anything about it physically.

Now during his '40 Days of Lent' he starts to suffer hallucinations about women and the fact that his roommate and friends at work started a betting on how long he could last.
They created a website that people around the world could bet too didn't help as women in the work place and around his life try to entice him off the righteous path.

I can't say I've suffered hallucinations yet however the dreams I have been having are crazy mental. That's right i said crazy and mental neither should make either redundant because intent was to describe the level of insanity brought fourth and I plan to survive the whole year without knowing what the future holds. Bring it on.


I can fully appreciate the fact that for some people it takes deep mediation and focus (example Monks) however I know with my philosophy everything is within are powers within it be physical or mental and we decide what we personally do.

One of my favourite parts of the film is how they describe the 'THE SPECIAL SPOT' a place where you feel at ease and can enjoy your existence and everything around you. I can personally say I've only shared this with two women in my life and I truly believe in the importance of the first KISS.

 I hope everyone enjoyed this blog I know I haven't done many personal blogs but there will he more so I hope you all follow.

Stay Brilliant, Stay Beautiful, Terry Masters.  


No comments:

Post a Comment